Join CFDA—Not Just an Association, But a Community of Leaders
The California Funeral Directors Association is your state’s professional association dedicated to serving member funeral homes by providing top-notch professional development opportunities, enhancing your economic viability, and advocating for our profession in Sacramento.
As a CFDA member, you’ll join not just a professional association, but a community of the brightest, most passionate leaders in our profession and receive exclusive benefits, including:
Advocacy to protect our profession
- Legislative representation from Sacramento’s top legislative advocates
- Access to key decision makers at the Cemetery and Funeral Bureau
- Regular, timely updates on legislative and regulatory changes that may impact funeral homes
- Exclusive CFDA member discounted registration for CFDA’s annual convention
- Destination convention locations across California
- World-class education from our profession’s preeminent thought leaders
- Opportunities to learn from fellow funeral professionals from across the state
- Direct access to industry exhibitors and their exclusive CFDA convention pricing.
ARRANGEMENT COUNSELOR AND FUNERAL DIRECTOR TRAININGS
- CFDA is the most trusted, longest serving arrangement counselor and funeral director educational resource, who unlike for-profit imitators, is the only nonprofit organization dedicated to the professional development of its members, and membership dues help CFDA offer the following advantages:
- Lowest course fees
- Highest exam pass rate
- In-person and online courses – giving students the option of taking it in the comfort of their home or office, at their own pace
- Expert instructors
- 22 years of instruction experience
EXCLUSIVE VENDOR BENEFITS
- Exclusive discounted products and services that only a professional association can provide, including exclusive partnerships with the following companies that work to provide exclusive CFDA-member pricing:
- Federated Insurance, which provides endorsed liability and workers’ compensation insurance
- Live Oak Bank, which provides various banking and financial services
- Our newest partnership with Lending USA, which offers consumer funeral financing options
- Exclusive $200 CFDA member discount (the same cost as first-year membership) on our popular Cal-OSHA compliance program—a pre-assembled set of seven binders for you to have on hand in your funeral home, allowing you to ensure you stay up-to-date with Cal-OSHA’s complex compliance standards
- Exclusive 25% CFDA member discount on orders of our CFDA Consumer Guide to Funeral and Cemetery Purchases.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Opportunities to become a leader within CFDA through committee and board participation in the areas of public relations, membership growth, professional development, legislative affairs, or finance
- Regular communications, highlighting the latest funeral profession news, legislative and regulatory updates, and more.
- Members-only quarterly newsletter and annual member directory giving you access to funeral homes across the state at times you need it most.
- Free funeral home listing on the CFDA website, letting consumers know you’re a trusted business that upholds CFDA’s code of ethics.
Questions about CFDA benefits? Call the CFDA office at (800) 255-2332 and our staff will be happy to assist you!