Code of Ethics •
In order to foster and perpetuate high ethical standards in the funeral service profession, each member of this association hereby pledges to adhere to the following rules of professional conduct:
- To set an example of good citizenship by honesty and fairness in all dealings.
- To perform all services in a dignified and respectful manner.
- To respect the confidence of each family served.
- To observe all public health laws and support enactment of all just laws pertaining to the mortuary profession.
- To encourage the advancement of all facets of funeral service.
- To extend any assistance necessary in offering service in individual cases of actual hardship.
- To conduct all services in a manner that will assist in meeting the needs of the decedent, both religious and personal of all those served.
- To cooperate and deal fairly with other funeral directors.